As scientific and professional organizations whose members are keenly aware of environmental issues, OCEANS strives to be in the forefront of environmental stewardship. OCEANS 2019 Seattle has been planned in a manner that stresses the responsible use of resources and the minimization of waste and pollutants, most importantly by selecting the Washington State Convention Center as our Convention location.
Some sustainable initiatives you can expect from us in Seattle include:
- A conference app with a small supplemental pocket guide
- Schedules published on TV monitors
- Reusable or biodegradable signage
- No bottled water
- No boxed lunches
- Reduction of single use packages for sugar, straws, etc.
- Consumption of local foods
- Eco-friendly, recyclable or biodegradable giveaway items
- Ample recycling bins
Find out more about Washington State Convention Center’s sustainability initiatives for OCEANS 2019 Seattle: