OCEANS 2019 Seattle | October 27-31, 2019
Washington State Convention Center
Join the leading innovators, analysts, and producers of marine technology, research, and education gathering for the OCEANS’19-Seattle conference. Come meet your fellow professionals and students, hear from experts about their latest activities and ideas, and discuss your needs with the best suppliers of marine and maritime products in the exhibit hall. Thousands of professionals make the OCEANS conference their home for continued learning and so can you.
You can expect to meet with:
- Members of industry, academia, and government who want a common forum for the exchange of information and ideas
- Professionals involved in science and engineering that addresses research, development, and operations in all bodies of water
- Students interested in scientific and educational advancement in the theories and practice of electrotechnology and mechatronics
- Businesses and institutions interested in maintaining high professional and ethical standards among members and affiliates
- Policy makers and administrators who want to know what is available to address monitoring, warning, and remediation issues
Conference theme: Blue Sea, Blue Sky, Blue Tech
- Learn about new opportunities in the blue economy
- Experience local and sustainable practices throughout, including use of compostable products, reduced plastics, recycling and other “blue efforts”
- Learn about Washington State’s new Blue Economy maritime business plans and progress
The perfect place to ignite your marine passion
Seattle, Washington is the perfect setting for 2019’s groundbreaking OCEANS Conference. This progressive, oceanfront city serves as the headquarters of NOAA’s Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, a federal laboratory that makes critical observations and conducts groundbreaking research to advance our knowledge of the global ocean and its interactions with the earth, atmosphere, ecosystems, and climate. With Seattle’s maritime industry bringing in nearly $38 billion into the state’s economy, it goes without saying that this location will enhance every aspect of the OCEANS Conference. While you’re there, take a visit to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, or the Seattle Aquarium. There’s something for everyone to enjoy, so start planning your itinerary!